Welcome to a month of contradictions! Whether you’ve got any Irish in you or not, we all love to be part of St. Patrick’s Day in one way or another! Some of us will be looking for the best green beer in town while others may find a way to add some food coloring to their favorite protein drink or go for a deliciously nutritious spinach or kale smoothie!
In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day try this yummy Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Shake
1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Handful Spinach
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder of your choice
1 Tbsp Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
½ tsp Peppermint Extract
5 – 10 Ice Cubes
Add all ingredients in blender, pour in tall glass, add Whipping Cream (optional) and enjoy!
If the luck of the Irish hasn’t blessed you with a fast metabolism or if that fast metabolism is slower than when you were in your 20’s, here are a few tips to keep lean and mean.
- Take time over the weekend to think about the week ahead
- Make a shopping list of the food items you will need before heading out to shop
- Prepare healthy meals in advance so that you don’t get caught hungry and start grabbing for the quickest easiest thing in your fridge or pantry
- Eat 5 to 8 small meals per day and cut out unplanned snacks
- Add more green leafy vegetables to your meals
- Reduce your sodium and sugar intake
- Make every effort to drink a gallon a water daily to keep you full and help flush out toxins from your body